Vineet has received numerous awards for his work and contribution which includes 7 International, 18 National and 13 State awards
- Forbes 30 under 30 Asia, Class of 2018 – Semi Finalist
- Youth Award for Community Contribution (England) 2007
- United Nation Youth Assembly: Youth Achievement Award 2008
- Paragon 100 fellowship (China)
- World’s Top 5 student Entrepreneur (GSEA 2010, Kansas City)
- Chevening Scholarship 2014, British Government
- International Visitor Leadership program (IVLP) on Cyber Security 2017, US Government, Department of States.
- British Council Future Leaders Connect 2017, Cambridge University
- ISOC Ambassador 2017, IGF 2017, United Nations Geneva
- Protector of Nation’s data”, DIGIT magazine, July 2006
- National IT Excellence Award 2007-2008
- Karmaveer Chakra 2008
- Rediff.com’s Young Achiever from India 2007
- Young Achiever Award 2008
- Karmaveer Puraskaar 2014-2015 “Civil Society Karmaveer Puraskaar”
- Infosec Maestros Awards 2014
- National Youth Award 2014-15, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India
- Assocham Cyber Security Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- Special Mention, Social Media for Empowerment Awards, 2017
- Top 100 CISO awards 2014, 2015 and 2017
Winner of the National Youth Award 2014-2015, for his outstanding contribution to national development
Vineet Kumar (Born on 1st May, 1989), is a lauded social entrepreneur and social activist of national and international acclaim. He has amassed 18 years of extensive work experience in the field of internet governance & cyber security, and is the Founder and President of Cyber Peace Foundation, Founder of Global Ethical Hackers Association (GEHA), CEO and Chairman of the National Anti-Hacking Group (NAG). He is an alumnus of Cranfield University, United Kingdom where he specialized in ‘Cyber Defense and Information Assurance’ and has studied ‘leadership’ at Cambridge University, UK.
A first-generation entrepreneur, Vineet’s entrepreneurial stints started at the tender age of 14 with the National Anti-Hacking Group (NAG). Following this, he served as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) & Head of the State Government agency, Cyber Defense Research Centre (CDRC) of Jharkhand Police, Government of Jharkhand at the age of 22, fresh out of college. These experiences led to the humble beginning of the Global Ethical Hackers Association (GEHA) and The National Anti-Hacking Group (NAG) in 2003 which were among the world’s first non-profit groups to fight against cybercrimes and had over 10,000 ethical hackers as part of the association. To increase the scope of the work he was doing to protect netizens from cybercrimes, Vineet founded the Cyber Peace Foundation. Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF) is an award-winning apolitical civil society organization and a think tank of cybersecurity and policy experts.
Vineet has been instrumental in shaping the cyber security efforts against cybercrimes not only in India, but throughout the world. He is a member of various forums such as “Cyber Security Task Force of NASSCOM- DSCI” established by the Hon. Prime Minister of India in 2008, part of the Government of India’s delegation to foreign countries, and Member of the Advisory Council of Public Interest Registry (PIR), USA. Advisor and member of the Expert group to Government agencies, UN agencies, Non-Government agencies, public and private universities. Vineet continues to serve the nation through his prudent initiatives in the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape.