Since the age of fourteen, for his entrepreneurial achievements, Vineet has been the recipient of numerous media recognitions and International accolades and honours. With a strong aim to increase his scope of knowledge in cyber security, he attended the integrated course of Bachelors and Masters in IT Infrastructure Management (IT IMS) from Sikkim Manipal University of Technology, Gangtok. Due to his achievements in the field of cyber security, he was appointed as the Chief Technical Advisor for Cyber Defence Research Centre, Jharkhand Police, Government of Jharkhand while in college which later offered a full-time role as CTO on completion of his post graduation.
CDRC is India’s first government-led cyber defence research Centre, and 9th in the world. CDRC was responsible for statewide cyber security. As the CTO of CDRC, Vineet launched a number of key statewide cyber security initiatives like eKawach (Critical Infrastructure Protection), capacity building, state cyber security policy, crisis management plan, cyber surveillance & social media intelligence, open source cyber forensics/ cyber security lab, state police datacenter cyber security, Security of Jharkhand Government & Jharkhand Police websites and networks. Additionally, he also headed the technology school of Jharkhand Intelligence Training & Technology School (JITTS), Jharkhand Police.
Winner of Paragon 100 fellowship (China) on account of being a white hat hacker, selected by The Foundation for Youth Entrepreneurship
Vineet is also a guest instructor and faculty at National Police Academy (Ministry of Home Affairs), Railway Staff College (Ministry of Railways), Jharkhand Judicial Academy (Government of Jharkhand), Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi (Ministry of HRD), Amity University, Lucknow, State Bank of India Learning Centre (SBLC) and Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (Govt of Gujarat).
Today, Vineet Kumar is the Founder & President of Cyber Peace Foundation, one of the world’s first NGO in the cyber security space. The fundamental pillars of Cyber Peace Foundation was laid back in 2007, but officially launched amidst the world’s best cyber experts at ‘ISACA Security Conference’ hosted in Palm Jumeirah, Dubai in October 2013.
With 18 years of experience in the cyber security domain, Vineet stands to be the pioneer of the concept of cyber peace amongst nations in the proliferating era of cyber warfare, when cyber competency has become a competitive advantage for the nations. The apex bodies in the field of business, governance, social sectors, educational bodies, aviation and bodies affiliated to international organizations, United Nations Youth Assembly have all credited the contributions of Vineet and also ceremonially recognized & awarded his selfless efforts. He continues to be at the forefront to ensure knowledge sharing amongst multiple stakeholders of the society through various international and national platforms such as TEDx events, Trend Micro Executive Defense Summit, Internet Governance Forum, ISAFE Dubai, Ground Zero, BASIS and c0c0n, to name a few.
- 2003 – 2012 : Founder & CEO – National Anti-Hacking Group
- 2007 – 2011 : Advisor – Jharkhand Police
- 2014 – Till Date : Founder & President – Cyber Peace Foundation
- Member of the Expert Group on Cyber Security – NCPCR (Ministry of Women and Child) – Govt of India.
- Member of the Expert Group on Cyber Security – AICTE (Ministry of HRD) – Govt of India.
- Member of the Expert Group on Cyber Security – NCERT (Ministry of HRD) – Govt of India.
- 2006 – 2012 : Founder & CEO – Security Brigade
- 2012 – 2014 : Chief Technology Officer – Jharkhand Police
- 2017 – Till Date : Advisor – Public Interest Registry – USA
- Advisor and Member of the Expert group to Government agencies | UN agencies | Non-Government agencies | public and private universities
- Certified Corporate Director and board member (Independent Director) of few companies & orgs.